Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Today was a wonderful long day and we did many family things. I let my husband sleep in but he tried to come down before we could bring him some coffee, knowing that we would be going out to breakfast with my mom and dad. The kids were excited to give daddy their gifts and we were out of the house with daddy wearing his "King Daddy" crown which he had many compliments on.

We did survive breakfast just fine, no big mishaps, though the redhead was a little whiny but not so much that we could not tolerate and Birdie did not want to eat much. But Babcia and Dzia-Dzia (Grandma and Grandpa) were pleased to be with us and though maybe my dad was not a memorable dad while I was a teenager for sure, he is making up that time while being so wonderful to my children! I love to see them get excited to see him and how he will take all of the time to play, and I mean all of the time. He teaches them new things and shows them interesting things and spends the whole time playing. I absolutely love it and they do too.

Then we went to Mo's Dog House to spend time with my husband's side of the family. It was a very nice time, but very chilly (10 degrees cooler at the lake) and windy too which makes me miserable because of my ears (another time) Brother in law and sister in law were there and very smooth overall. Birdie just wants me right now which can be a little frustrating but I want her too! As usual we tried to take turns eating etc, but I got a little grumpy with the wind and cold and wanted to leave soon. We did get to see Grandpa and give him the gift of the pic of the three kids, I can't believe that I had them smiling all at the same time! I love that pic!

So then we came home and I let the father take a nap while I played with Birdie, she liked to take every single last item out of my purse and thought it was so great. I have noticed that she likes adventure and is very curious, she does not like to be sitting long, unless it is on my lap when she is enjoying her bottle. I have made a change to have her sit with me rather than in her chair so that we can have some 1:1 time. I think she likes it too, she lets me and we have about 10 minutes together!

My oldest wanted his father tonight which was interesting because usually he likes to cuddle with me but maybe it was a father's day thing and I colored with the red head before bed and then actually got to clean my bathroom, I don't mean my toilets and shower, I mean the drawers and cupboards. I had a full garbage bag! I can't beleive how much junk I have/had!

Now I am tired and ready for the week though I did not get any work work done, wish me luck for a "no show!"

No comments:

Post a Comment